Portland is known for its extreme winds and hurricanes. It is important to have a high-quality, reliable roof that can withstand the elements. Many homeowners have the problem of not knowing how often to schedule an inspection.
Portland Commercial Roofing provides annual roof inspections so you can rest assured that your roof will withstand any Mother Nature may throw at it.
What to Expect from a Professional Roof Inspector
An inspector will look for unusual wear, damage, windblown damages, and organic growth issues. Let's break it down further:
- Structural Inspection
- Material inspection
- Inspection of workmanship
- Roof analysis
Signs to indicate it's time for an inspection
Trouble in the Attic
Your attic should be your primary focus. Look for signs of sagging or water damage, as well as dark spots or leaking sunlight. If any of these signs are present, it is time to contact a professional roof inspector to examine the roof.
Homeowners often find the mold and moss a nuisance. The growth does not necessarily indicate the need for repair. However, dark streaks and spots should be a sign that you need to schedule an inspection.
Your House is Leaked
This is often the first sign your roof needs attention. It is important to inspect your home for any leaks, especially water sports and drips. Do not wait for the leaks to get worse.
It is better to spend a little more money on minor repairs rather than on the huge overheads of replacing an entire house.
Your shingles begin to rot when their core absorbs water. This can be seen in large areas of discoloration, dark spots, and missing large granules.
It is possible to replace the rotting roofing shingles without replacing the entire roof. Non-organic materials, such as fiberglass can also be used to prevent similar rotting in the future.
Shingles with damaged edges
Shingles refer to the rectangular blocks that are layered and cover your roof. These are the most widely used elements in residential roofing. Call a professional if you see any of these damages.
- Curling Shingles- If your Shingles are curly it could be due to improper installation. This could also indicate a problem with your ventilation. It doesn't matter what the problem is, it's important to contact a professional to fix it.
- Blistering of shingles When moisture gets trapped between the shingles it can lead to severe damage and even complete destruction. They are usually invisible to the untrained eye. Professionals can identify them during roof inspections of Coast Portland.
- Buckling of shingles If you notice buckling, this means that your roof may be lead cracking and tearing. If they don't get addressed, it could be time for a roof replacement.
- Streaking stains of shingles - Streaks or stains can indicate minor roof leakages. To find out the best way to proceed, you should contact a professional.
- There are no missing shingles It's as easy as it sounds. If you have missing shingles, your roof may already be vulnerable to damage. These shingles can be ignored and could reduce the roof's lifespan, leading to higher replacement costs.
Portland Commercial Roofing can inspect your roof.
Portland Commercial Roofing and Inspections know how important it can be for you to have a well-maintained roof to keep your family safe no matter the weather. Portland has trusted us with roof maintenance and repair services for more than three decades. Contact us today to learn why.
Portland Commercial Roofing
18740 nw rock creek circle #71 portland 97229
(503) 647 3470